• 3 salmon fillets, skin off
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 1/2 small onion, small dice
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 can cannellini beans, drained
• 3 cups fresh spinach
• optional: quartered or sliced mushrooms
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
• splash of white wine or veg/chicken stock
• 1 tablespoon capers
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
• fresh parsley, to garnish
Dry the salmon with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Heat a skillet with 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat, add the salmon and sear for 3 minutes on each side until cooked. Remove from pan.
Wipe out the pan, add a teaspoon of oil over medium heat and add onion. Season with salt and pepper and cook until translucent. Add garlic, spinach and beans and cook until spinach is wilted. Add lemon juice, white wine, capers and butter.
On a plate, add the cannellini and spinach mix. Place the salmon on top and garnish with parsley if desired.