Chicken Piccata Pasta
Total Time: 30 minutes
• 12 oz short pasta, cooked to al dente
• 2 handfuls broccoli florets
• 2 tablespoons canola oil, split
• 1 1/3 pounds chicken breast tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
• Salt and pepper
• 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
• 1/2 onion, sliced
• 4 cloves garlic, chopped
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup white wine
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
• 1 cup chicken stock
• 2 tablespoons capers, drained
• 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Boil pasta in salted water until al dente, adding in broccoli during last 2 minutes of cooking.
Heat a deep nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and the chicken to the pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken until lightly golden all over, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and return the skillet to the heat. Reduce heat to medium.
Add another tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter, the onion and garlic to the skillet. Saute until translucent. Add flour and cook 2 minutes. Whisk in wine and reduce liquid 1 minute. Whisk lemon juice and broth into sauce. Stir in capers and parsley. When the liquid comes to a bubble, add remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter to the sauce. Add chicken and pasta to pan, season to taste and serve hot.