Yum! Veggie tacos for Taco Tuesday. You get a savory base from the refried beans, sweet and softness from the sweet potatoes, fresh and crunch from the radish, onion and cilantro, salt from the olives and feta, creaminess from the yogurt, and heat from the salsa and jalapenos. You can add avocado and lime juice if you’d like but the soft texture of the sweet potato mimics the avocado and the pickled jalapenos provides enough acidity.
Sweet Potato Tacos
Makes 3 tacos
• 3 corn tortillas
• 3 tablespoons canned refried beans
• 6 slices roasted sweet potato, sprinkled with cumin, cayenne, ancho chile powder, paprika
• 1 radish, thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon yellow onion, minced
• 3 black olives, chopped
• 4 pickled jalapenos, chopped
• 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt (sub sour cream)
• 3 tablespoons salsa
• sprinkle of Feta cheese, crumbled (sub cotija)
• sprinkle of chopped cilantro
Saute tortillas in a pan over medium heat until toasty. To assemble tacos: swipe beans on; add potato; sprinkle radish, onion, olive, and jalapeno. Dollop yogurt and salsa. Sprinkle feta and cilantro on top.