• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• 1/2 cup pitted prunes
• 1/4 cup (8) pitted Spanish green olives
• 1/4 cup capers, with some juice
• 3 bay leaves
• 1/2 head garlic, (8 cloves) peeled and pureed
• 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
• 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
• 3 tablespoons brown sugar
• chopped parsley, to garnish
• 4 cups couscous cooked in chicken broth, to serve
In a large ziploc bag, combine the oil, vinegar, prunes, olives, capers, bay leaves, garlic and oregano and season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and massage to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 350F. Arrange chicken in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan, spooning the marinade over it evenly. Pour in the wine/broth and sprinkle the chicken with the brown sugar.
Bake until thick pieces yield clear yellow juice when prickled with a fork (165F), 30 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and top with the prunes, olives and capers.
Bring pan juices to a boil and reduce juices to about 1/4 cup. Pour over the chicken and garnish with parsley.