This recipe couldn’t be easier and I love it. I do have a love affair with any version of cauliflower but this spicy curry version will make you rethink this white veggie. One watch out, don’t overcook the cauliflower to a mushy mess and you’ll be good to go!
Curried Cauliflower with Tomatoes
Total Time: 15 minutes
• 2 teaspoons paprika
• 2 teaspoons ground coriander
• 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 serrano chile, minced and seeded (keep seeds in if you want extra spice)
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 medium head cauliflower, cored and roughly chopped into small bite sized pieces
• 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
• Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
In a large saucepan over medium heat, add spices. Toast briefly until aromatic and then add oil, serrano, and garlic. Saute 30 seconds until the garlic becomes aromatic. Add the cauliflower, tomatoes and 1 cup water. Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper and then bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 10-12 minutes until cauliflower is crisp-tender. Season again with salt and pepper, to taste and serve with quinoa, brown rice or any other grain of your choice!