Picture courtesy of The Kitchn
A great alternative eggnog recipe for the holidays! A subtle hint of coconut and warm cinnamon make this a hit drink at your party!
Coquito (Puerto Rican Coconut Eggnog)
Makes about7 cups
Total Time: 10 min
• 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
• 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
• 1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 2 egg yolks
• Pinch of salt
• 1/2 teaspoon Mexican cinnamon (aka canela), more to garnish
• 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 2 cups Puerto Rican white rum
Whisk, evaporated milk and egg yolks in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until very thick, 2–3 minutes; chill.
Place all ingredients in a blender and process for 3 minutes at high speed until frothy. Pour into glasses and sprinkle with cinnamon.