This summer salad is refreshing yet filling. The avocado adds weight and creaminess while the citrus flavors keep things light. Jalapeno gives it a little bit of heat to counter the natural sweetness of the mango and orange making for a well-balanced salad. Serve it by itself or with grilled shrimp, blackened chicken, or on top of a salad!
Avocado Mango Salad
Total Time: 15 minutes
• ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 1 tablespoon orange juice
• ½ jalapeño, stemmed, seeded, and minced
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into ¼-inch cubes
• 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1-inch chunks
• ½ small navel orange, peeled and cut into segments
Whisk together parsley, oil, both citrus juices, jalapeño, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add mango, avocado, and orange and toss gently to combine. Can be served immediately but it’s recommended to cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate to meld flavors, about 1 hour.