You’d be surprised at this chicken salad vegan analog. This chickpea salad screams summer! It’s fresh, crunchy, filling, and has a great pop of dill. This recipe made 2 wraps-worth, with a little leftover to eat with crackers.
Chickpea Salad Wrap
adapted from Oh She Glows
Yield: 2 servings
• 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas, drained
• 1/2 cup chopped celery (~1 large stalk)
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
• 3 tablespoons chopped dill pickle (~1 pickle)
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 tablespoons minced fresh dill
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon (vegan) mayo (sub plain greek yogurt)
• 1/2 teaspoon mustard (regular or dijon)
• salt and pepper, to taste
Mix everything into a bowl, mashing up the chickpeas slightly with a fork, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stuff into a wrap or pita, or enjoy with crackers or rice cakes.