This recipe was really inspired by Paula Deen. You’d be amazed at how delicious some grated onion and curry powder work in mayo! Recipe for the oven “fried” fish coming soon!
Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Curry Dip
Serves 4 as an appetizer or side
Total Time: 35 minutes
• 2 sweet potatoes, washed and scrubbed
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
• 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
• 1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise (sub vegan mayo if desired)
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon grated onion
• 1/4 tsp ground ginger
• Salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Cut sweet potatoes into thick fries and toss with oil and spices. Roast on an aluminum foil covered baking sheet until browned and cooked through, about 30 minutes (flip at 20 minutes).
Combine all ingredients for dip in a small bowl and serve fries with dip.