So simple, yet so satisfying. This recipe uses both the broccoli head and stalk- because why should we throw away the stalk when it’s perfectly good to eat? Roasting the broccoli brings out its inherent sweetness, making this dish a far cry from boiled cafeteria broccoli.
Garlic Roasted Broccoli
Total Time: 25 min
• 2-3 broccoli heads and stalks, heads separated into small bite-size florets and stalks thinly sliced
• 4 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
• 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• Zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spread broccoli out evenly on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the broccoli and sprinkle salt and pepper over florets. Cook 20 min, until broccoli is tender and starting to brown around the edges.
Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, and Parmesan. Serve hot.