This sweet cannoli dip is essentially a healthier, deconstructed cannoli. Cannolis typically have a fried exterior shell, raising the amount of saturated fat. Here, crunchy, sweet pita chips are used but broken pieces of sugar cones are another easy, store-bought substitute. This dip certainly satisfied my cannoli craving and I love how easy it is- no need for cannoli tube rings!
Sweet Cannoli Dip
Makes 6-8 servings
Total Time: 45 min
• 15 oz container ricotta cheese
• 1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• pinch of ground cinnamon
• 1/4 cup heavy cream
• 1 orange, zested, plus extra for garnish
• 4 heaping tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided in half
• Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips or sugar cones, to serve
Beat the ricotta, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and heavy cream with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 10 minutes. Add the orange zest and cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Fold in half of the chocolate chips. Spoon the mixture into a serving bowl. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips evenly on top of the filling and garnish with remaining orange zest. Serve with cinnamon sugar pita chips or broken pieces of sugar cones.