Such an easy, quick and delicious salsa. Let the food processor do all the work for you!
David’s Food Processor Canned Tomato Salsa
Makes about 2 cups
Total time: 5 minutes
• scant 1/4 small yellow onion
• 2 garlic cloves, smashed
• 1/2 medium jalapeno, chopped, seeded and ribs removed (sub pickled)
• 1 cup (about 1 large handful) fresh cilantro, more to garnish
• 1/2 fresh lime, juiced
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper to taste
• 1 14.5 oz can Red Gold chopped tomatoes
Add onion, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper to the food processor and pulse three times to combine. Add tomatoes and pulse until combined but salsa still retains some texture. After blending check for seasoning. It may need additional lime juice for acidity depending on the canned tomatoes. Serve with blue corn tortilla chips.
*Refrigerating overnight will mellow out the raw onion and garlic flavors