Doesn’t this dessert look ridiculously amazing? Our favorite little flavors (raspberry red, lemony lemon, orangey orange, wildberry blue, grapity purple and watermelon) from General Mills come together with butter and marshmallows to form this 3 tier cake. The original recipe stems from Betty Crocker but I adapted it to make a smaller cake, which was even too large for our small party of 10. Top your cake off with Edible Fruit Roll-Up Flowers / Roses, directions are here. As a side note, this cake is a perfect celebratory dessert for special occasion- in this case, today is the 1 year birthday of my blog! Happy birthday B&B! Enjoy!
Trix Cereal Layer Wedding Cake
Serves roughly 20 people
Total Time: 1 hour
• 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 14 cups large marshmallows (from two 10-oz bags large marshmallows)
• 13 cups Trix® cereal (from one large box)
• 1 box (5 oz) of colorful Betty Crocker® Fruit Roll-Ups® and toothpicks
1. Line 6×2-inch, 8×2-inch and 10×2-inch round cake pans with foil, leaving edges of foil hanging over sides of pans. Spray generously with cooking spray. I used a Tupperware container for my smallest tier.
2. Place half of the butter in a large microwavable glass bowl. Microwave uncovered on High about 1 minute or until melted. Add half of the marshmallows and mix. Microwave 2 minutes, stirring after each minute, until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended. Add half of the cereal; mix well.
3. Press firmly into 10-inch foil-lined cake pan. Spray the bottom of another pan or glass drinking cup with nonstick cooking spray and firmly press the mixture down into the 10-inch pan with the greased side so it doesn’t stick. Repeat step 2 with remaining butter, marshmallows and cereal. Divide cereal mixture between 6- and 8-inch foil-lined cake pans; press firmly into the pans again. Allow cake layers to cool completely, about 1 hour.
4. To assemble, remove cereal layer from each pan; remove foil. On cake plate, place 10-inch layer, top side up. Top with 8-inch layer, top side up. Top with 6-inch layer, top side up. Decorate with Edible Fruit Roll-Up Flowers / Roses.
5. To serve, starting with the top layer, cut with a sharp knife and serve the cake layer by layer.