Lemon Feta Orzo with Roasted Shrimp
Total Time: 25 minutes
• 3/4 pound (12 oz) whole wheat orzo
• ¼ cup lemon juice and zest from 2-3 lemons
• 1/4 cup olive oil, plus additional for shrimp
• 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
• 2 tbsp chopped dill, plus extra for garnish
• 2 tablespoons stone ground Dijon mustard
• ½ pint cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, small dice
• 3 green onions (white and green), thinly sliced
• 1 bell pepper, small dice
• 4 oz feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
• 30 shrimp, peeled and de-veined
Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and bring the water to a boil. Add the orzo and simmer for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it’s cooked al dente. Drain and pour into a large bowl.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place shrimp on a foil lined pan, drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper. Toss to combine and roast in a single layer for 5 minutes until cooked through.
Whisk together the lemon juice, zest, olive oil, salt, pepper, dill, mustard and 1/4 cup olive oil. Pour over the hot orzo and stir well. Add all vegetables and mix well. Add the feta and stir carefully so the large pieces don’t break up.
Top orzo with roasted shrimp and garnish with extra dill.